Friday, February 15, 2008

The clock is ticking...

On this candy, that is.



Did you know that all candy goes bad in my house after 4 days? That means, on November 3, Halloween candy is officially no good and has to get thrown away.

In reality, it usually ends up going to work with Curt, which I'm sure his dentist appreciates. But at least it's out of the kids minds and reaches.

I started doing this when the oldest two were tots. It was amazing and sickening to me how much loot they'd bring home on Halloween. A few years later I started extending this death row sentence to Valentine candy hearts, chocolate Easter eggs, and even the odd candy cane.

This is what the school aged kids brought home today from their Valentine's parties. Which, is a ridiculous amount of sugar.


So, the countdown begins.

Well, except for my truffles. Those got a reprieve from the Governor.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If Curt ever gets tired of taking them to work, I happen to like 5-day-old candy. :)

Great policy, and I may have to incorporate that in our house when Ana's old enough to get to the candy herself.