Monday, November 3, 2008

Ginger Molasses PATRIOTIC cookies

A couple of weeks ago I made some of Jonah Lisa's fabulous Ginger Molasses cookies, and in an effort to still fit into my jeans after the holidays, I sent quite a few of them to work with Curt.

Apparently, they were a hit. One of his co-workers even remarked that for a dozen of those gems, he'd vote for the candidate of my choice. A sure stab at Curt, since we occasionally clash on politics.

I've never met the guy, have no idea who he was planning on voting for before he first tasted cookie nirvana, and no clue who he will indeed vote for tomorrow; but if those cookies induce him to get to the poll, well, I'm firing up the oven.

I'd obviously love it if my candidate wins; but more importantly, I think it's essential that every adult in this country votes. You may feel lukewarm about both presidential candidates, and yeah, the electoral college is a bit *ahem* outdated, but that's not all that's at stake. Tomorrow you will elect local government, vote on propositions, you will effect how your community is run. To eschew such a privilege is a huge slap in the face of those who fought and continue to fight for our right to choose.

So, bake some of these amazing cookies, and VOTE, dammit!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm all verklempt

Anonymous said...

Go Caroline! I've always thought people don't realize that voting is an incredible privilege.

Trace said...

I am voting! Can't wait! And it is not for cookies or the free Starbucks tomorrow! : )

BTW, I gave you an award and shout-out on my blog. Stop by!

Lyndsay said...

You know, those cookies have been on my mind since I saw them on JL's blog. I'm making them this weekend now! If I had known they had the POWER to influence the vote, I would have been on it before now ...

Caroline said...

LOL Lyndsay, we'll see how much power they have after today. *coughcough Vote Obama coughcough*