Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Booking him on tour after his first single drops

Thanks to the double digits of snow we got and the temperature wallowing in the single digits, we've all been largely trapped indoors. And I have a whole new definition for the cute little term 'cabin fever', insidious and nasty little virus that it is.

And despite that the older four had school the last two days, there is no recovery in sight. Worse yet, is that Evan and Ellie are so bad off, I've taken to peeking at them at night, just to remember why they're worth the facial tic and the jaw sore from clenching my teeth.

This all culminated in what was one of the worst evenings we've had in a long time. If you've ever wondered what a six way match would look like in the WWE, I can assure you it wasn't pretty. Ellie was by far the most beastly, demanding to be held for two hours straight while she squirmed and cried. And I only wish I were exaggerating.

Finally, inspiration struck and I decided to play some music, hoping that if the kids would dance, she'd at the very least be amused enough to stop whining. Evan popped over and requested "Lightning McQueen" which means that I'll spend the next two days trying to get Sheryl Crow out of my head.

But it worked, she did start to calm down and soon all of the kids were joining in. And when I realized what Evan was doing, I couldn't get to the camera fast enough. Mommy blackmail is never to be underestimated.

And because I'm a giver, I present to you Evan's air guitar solo...
(Please pardon the wiggly camera, sometime during filming Ellie decided she'd like to experience gravity and get down after all)


11 comments:

Special K said...

Hi-Lar-i-ous!!!!!!! I loved every second!!! I loved it!!!!

Bea said...

that is so cute, i love your family.

doodlebelle said...

YAY!!! Just wanted to let you know that I have been searching for a new blog to read. The requirements being a mommy blog, witty, interesting, and sarcastic. Must make me click 'older posts' at least twice during the first visit. Woo Hoo! Of course the fact that you have a large family like me helps. I can't wait to sit down tonight with some wine and read more.

Bri said...

That has got to be one of the cutest things I have ever seen!

Anonymous said...

Priceless. Air guitar is all wiggle your fingers and look like your in pain. I'd say he got it just right.

stacief said...

That is so funny! We too are a big Cars family...gotta love Sheryl Crow. My 17 mo old too has decided that feet are over rated and he must have me carry him everywhere.

*Monica said...

I looked like he threw a little Jimi Hendrix there at the end bringing the guitar to face level.

AWESOME!

Cheaper Than Therapy - Take 2 said...

Too friggin' cute! What a great thing to show future girlfriends!

Sandi
www.tsblogs.com/cheaperthantherapy

Steph said...

The facial expression alone is priceless.

Kristi said...

Too cute!!

Anonymous said...

Very cool Caroline! I just love how our little ones are growing up and really becoming little people!

I wanted to email you but don't know if I have the right email address. I don't know how else to contact you.