Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Return to normacly

This past week Curt's grandfather died. And although it wasn't altogether unexpected, it was still hard on everyone, and especially hard to watch his family go through it. Thankfully, everyone seems to be coping well and getting back to a somewhat even keel.

And the insanity that is our life came crashing back in the day after the funeral. Michael had wrestling practice, and after he'd gotten home we were standing in the kitchen, talking, as I cooked dinner.

"And today at practice the power went out for about 30 minutes."

"Oh yeah", I said absentmindedly, "Were you able to still practice?"

"Um mom, the lights were out.", Mike gives me the parents-are-so-dense eye roll.

Brett continues the thought. "Yeah. I don't know about you, but rolling around on the floor, in the dark with sweaty teenage boys wearing singlets doesn't sound like how I'd like to spend my time mom."

4 comments:

*Monica said...

Your boys crack me up!

*Monica said...

I hit enter too soon. My prayers are with you during your loss.

stacief said...

I am so sorry for you loss! Even when it is expected it is still really hard. I am really glad things are getting back to normal and that you are back in the blog world!

Rocket Ma'am said...

Kept meaning to say I was sorry to hear about Curt's grandfather (everytime I was about to, someone started screaming bloody murder). Glad to hear everyone seems to be dealing with it well.