Friday, April 11, 2008

Gardening for Bumfark Dummies

Curt and I have been talking for a while about putting in a garden. We spent a large amount of time and a small fortune last year at the local farmer's market. I bought a book on organic gardening and considered myself pretty ready for when it thawed enough and we could have his grandfather bring his little skid steer up to till one up for us.

Then last week Curt saw our neighbor that owns the farm behind us out plowing up his fields and wandered over to talk to him. They chatted for a while and then this happened....





Apparently, it's nearly impossible to put in a "smallish" garden with a big giant John Deere tractor. I think I had the same expression on my face that Evan does on his when I saw the size of it. Something tells me I'd better figure out canning too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's fabulous!!!!! My dad decided at age 50 to "play farmer" and started collecting Antique tractors. Which he basically used to mow the lawn, so he also drove around town on them. Then he bought land. a LOT of land. And hired farmers to farm it so it would be a tax write-off and he could once again play farmer. He would be all over that John Deere!