Monday, October 6, 2008

The alarm clock

Unfortunately Ellie inheirited her father's the-sun-hit-my-eyes-I'm-awake gene. At the tender hour of 6am, I used to be able to chillax with my cuppa tea on the couch and watch the news as she played quietly at my feet. Alas, Shiva the destroyer makes that a little hard these days.


The bonus is that with all of the noise she made with the pan and spoon, I didn't have to worry about rousing the rest of the grouches, they filtered down the hallway with their hands over their ears.

4 comments:

Becky said...

Okay, this is bizarre. I had to do a double-take at those pictures, because your Ellie looks so much like my Natalie, they could almost be twins. Even down to the pajamas - I have the exact same ones for Natalie, minus the feet. And they also share the same impulses to wake up way-too-early and make inordinate amounts of noise and mess.

Angie said...

Paige is the same way. Up by 6:30 on weekends. This morning? Chick slept till 7! I still had to be up at 6 for work. What's up with that? Paige Monster strikes again.

C. Beth said...

I've become pretty good at snoozing on the couch while my Chickie watches morning TV shows on PBS Kids. Today she got up early enough that PBS Kids hadn't even started yet, so she caught the last few minutes of BBC News. Hopefully that'll deter her from getting up so early tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Must be hard to be mad at her, as adorable as she is. ;-)