Friday, January 18, 2008

Let the good times roll

This is dangerous stuff my friends. Monday night Curt came home with my much lusted over green iPod. (He also came home with a ginormous television, he's a smart one, nay?)

I'm not really a techno-file, but this is one groovy little gadget. It's like portable music for dummies. It's incredibly simple to use and enjoy, I didn't have to send out the bat signal to Geekie brother once. Heard a song on the radio? $.99 later she's yours. Forget Wendy's dollar menu, I'll live off of Marvin Gaye from now on.

It's addictive to boot.

The first night I uploaded some tunes, then put her (her name is Gertrude, you can call her Gertie) on and swept the dining room while listening to it. Music I hadn't thought of in years, available with a few clicks and a fun swirling motion on Gertie.

The thing is, I'm a little too hooked now. I find myself walking around with it on constantly, drowning out the Dora and din. Singing out loud. Off key. It's just that life is so much more palatable with a little Radiohead. Or, three CD's worth of Radiohead.

We really need to take a little break. Tell Gertie we need to be just friends for a while. It's not her, it's me.

Just as soon as The Cars are done with this song.

No comments: