Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Time to get out the gimp suit

It's VD again.

Valentine's Day, that is. I know it's a few weeks away, but I got to thinking about how romance seems to be a rare commodity around here these days. I started reminiscing about the first Valentine's day Curt and I shared together and then how we spent last years Feb 14th.

The first year we were newly dating. We were sitting around with Geeky brother and he made mention that he hadn't gotten anything for his girlfriend yet. I told him to go to www.calyxandcorolla.com and all would be well in his world. They can make crab grass fabulous.

Valentine's Day rolls around and dear Curtis has remembered the name of the website and sent me a dozen long stemmed red roses from there. I swoooooooned. Not just because the flowers were gorgeous (and they were), but that he had really paid attention to me and what I liked, and then had surprised me with it.

He was handsomely rewarded.


And then we have 2007. I'm newly pregnant with Elle. Which is to say that I probably had dried puke on my shirt and alternated my time between crying and yelling. Or both at the same time. To make the day even more delectable, I came down with a raging case of strep throat in the middle of a snowstorm. Curt spent most of the day working, wheeling into the Florist/Copy center/Automotive garage/Tanning salon at the end of the street and brought some very sickly looking roses home with him.

I'm pretty sure we fell asleep in front of the TV.



So, this year, I'd love to get the spark back, but I'm having a hard time choosing which card to get...





Yeah. Definitely the third one.




Did I mention that Etsy.com rocks?

No comments: