Sunday, June 15, 2008

We'll just call this poor mommy planning

Earlier this week Curt asked if I minded if we had the family over for a picnic on Sunday. I'm fairly certain I was surfing the interwebben when he asked, because I only have a vague recollection of absentmindedly replying.

At any rate, it's Sunday morning here. Yesterday Curt spent all day mowing the farm on the tractor, and he's toasted. (Perhaps later I will butter him?) The house needs a serious lick and a promise, it's Sunday so the sheets need to be washed, I have pasta salad to make, Elle has been demanding boob and/or comfort every few minutes, and Evan just woke up like a minature Henry VIII and we will all be headless in a moment.

And I feel obligated to let him continue to sit on the couch and watch mindless man movies.

Happy Father's Day honey, I love you.

1 comment:

Bri said...

In our family there are two days where daddy gets to spend the day with the kids... the first being Mother's Day so mommy can get a break. The other being Father's Day so dad can spend time with his kids... like how that works? LoL