Saturday, August 2, 2008

If he talks in his sleep, I'm pretty sure it's to get the last word

I brought the kids outside yesterday afternoon to kill the time before I had to trudge back into the kitchen to make dinner. Everyone mostly enjoyed this but Brett, who was on restriction from his bike and spent the whole time alternating between looking dejected and bugging the snot out of me.

"How much longer until I can ride my bike? If I do really good with my chores tonight can I have it back a day early?"

"Um, no."

"Well can we go swimming? I'll help Mike clean it."

"No, we can't Brett."

"Well can I at least have a freaking snack?"

"No, it's almost dinner time."

"Just some pretzels, I've really been craving some pretzels."

"You know what I'm craving Brett? Some peace and quiet."

He slumps and walks off mumbling "It'd be real silent if my mouth were filled with pretzels."

No comments: