Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Brettism Hump Day wants ID

I've often said that I really look forward to Brett being an adult. I just think he's going to be one of the coolest grown-ups. I can't wait for the day where we can sit down, have a beer, and just hang out.

And sometimes now, I get a vivid glimpse of the adult he's going to be. Especially when out of his mouth pops something so mature beyond his years, I have to double check who I'm talking to.

One morning early this week, Brett staggers upstairs to get ready for school. As he appears, I look over and remark "It's aaalive!" in my pathetic homage to Frankenstein.

"Mom, it's Monday. I don't think alive is the word you're looking for."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your blog looks beautiful and your son, well, he seems really smart & witty! ; )